Training of future research leaders in the fields of Ageing, Materials Science and Sustainability is an important part of the MIRAI project. In each topic activities for PhD candidates are carried out, both in Sweden and Japan.
Portraying Old Age and Ageing to Counteract Ageism
A multidisciplinary Master Class course for PhD students and postdocs will be offered in connection with the 9th Congress of IAGG-ER – European Congress of Gerontology and Geriatrics, in Gothenburg, Sweden. The theme for the Master Class is “Portraying Old Age and Ageing to Counteract Ageism” and emphasizes how knowledge based on gerontological and geriatric research can challenge age stereotypes, misconceptions and ageism.
Date and Place
May 22 – 26, 2019, Gothenburg, Sweden
For more details please see Master Class Course in Gerontology and Geriatric.
Membranes for a sustainable future, 17-21 November, Lund/Sweden
This short course for PhD candidates takes place from 17-21 November in Sweden and includes lectures within relevant topics of the field as well as site visits.
Date and Place
November 17–21, 2019, Lund, Sweden
Registration and Information
Prof. Lipnizki, Lund University
Under preparation, August 2019, Sweden.
Short courses 2018
Membranes for a sustainable water cycle, 14-18 October, Japan
This short course for PhD candidates takes place from 14-18 October in Japan and includes lectures within relevant topics of the field as well as site visits. Registration deadline 28 September.
Content of the course
1. Comprehensive understanding of state-of art membrane technology for water treatment.
2. General introduction on water system for sustainable water use/recycle.
3. General introduction on membrane technology for sustainable development goals.
4. Membrane technology, include membrane fabrication (polymer and ceramic membranes) and transport phenomena such as solution-diffusion model and concentration polarization.
5. Drinking water production membrane application to water treatment.
6. Membrane fouling and solving the problems.
7. Membrane bio-reactor, including ANNOX.
8. Practical water treatment using membrane, including field test of Cl-tolerant membranes.
8. Visit to Toray Industries, Inc., one of the largest chemicals manufactures, including membranes (RO/NF/UF/MF) (http://www.toray.com/).
9. Mutual understanding and exchange of idea among participants though discussion.
Sustainable Mobility and System Control Sciences, 19-25 August, Japan
This short course aims at introducing system modelling, control theory, learning and optimization theory, as well as applications in sustainable automotive power train systems. Topics range from system identification, learning dynamical systems, model predictive control (MPC) and optimization to fundamentals of extreme learning machine (ELM) and future trends of machine learning. Applications of advanced engine combustion control and power train control will also be highlighted. An interactive poster session will be held during the course.
The program will take place from August 19 through August 26 on our campus in Tokyo and will include an overnight industrial technical tour at Higashi-Fuji Technical Center of Toyota Motor Corporation in Shizuoka Prefecture.