MIRAI 2.0 will organize several workshops/activities in 2022. This page will be continuously updated with information about upcoming events open to researchers from Japanese and Swedish member universities.
MIRAI 2.0 workshop – How to build a fruitful MIRAI-collaboration?
TEG Ageing welcomes you to a workshop on experiences from joint MIRAI seed-funding projects.
During the workshop researchers from two seed-funding teams within TEG Ageing will present and invite participants to discuss:
· How to build a fruitful collaboration?
· What to think about in the different stages of a project?
Presenters: Sofi Fristedt (moderator), Géza Fischl & Caroline Fischl, Jönköping University and Sarfraz Iqbal, Linnaeus University
The workshop is open for researchers from all academic areas.
Date: May 22, 2023
Time: 08:30-09:30 (CEST) and 15:30-16:30 (JST)
Zoom link: https://ju-se.zoom.us/j/69262828391
TEG-AI Workshop: Artificial Intelligence and Health
Date: May 26, 2023
Time: 8:30-10:30 SWE time; 15:30- 17:30 JP time
Place and registration: via Zoom Register here (Zoom link will be sent to all registered participants – a few days before the event)
Topic: Artificial Intelligence and Health – interdisciplinary topic between engineering sciences and health sciences Layout: four presentations 20min each + discussion time.
- “Evaluation of attention allocation using event-related potentials and eye-related measures”, Associate Professor Keiko MOMOSE, Waseda University
- “Large Language Models for Software Engineering Tasks: Cybersecurity and Requirements”, Professor Miroslaw Staron, Gothenburg University
- “Integrated manufacturing of wearable electronics using multi-material 3D printing for health detection and diagnosis”, Kewei Song (PhD Student), Waseda University
- “Applications of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Medical Diagnosis and Treatment Planning”, Vibha Gupta (Guest Researcher), Luleå University of Technology
AI Workshop Planning Meeting, April 28, 2023
The MIRAI 2.0 AI Thematic Expert Group plans to hold workshops this year in May and October. There is a possibility that the work done will be continued/developed further during MIRAI 2.0 R&I Week 2023 in Umeå.
The purpose of this meeting is to decide on themes for these workshops and to begin outlining the content and format. The meeting is open to all researchers at MIRAI 2.0 member universities. No sign-up is needed.
We value your input and participation in this planning process and look forward to hearing your ideas.
Date & Time: April 28, 8:30am – 9:30am (Swedish time) / 3:30pm – 4:30pm (Japanese time)
Meeting ID: 983 7249 5715
Pass cord: 231170
Registration: Not necessary
The agenda for the meeting will include:
– Discussion of potential themes for the workshops
– Brainstorming of ideas for content and format
– Setting goals and objectives for the workshops
Moderator: Prof. Danilo Vasconcellos Vargas, Kyushu University and Prof. Marcus Liwicki, Luleå University of Technology
Organiser: Tohoku University
If you have questions, please contact: Tohoku University at
MIRAI 2.0 – SUSTAINABILITY DIGITAL SEMINAR SERIES
THE 3RD SUSTAINABILITY WEBINAR
Social Sustainability: Discussing lessons learned from the experiences of small-scale fisheries for post-Anthropocene societies
Date and Time: March 27, 10:00-11:30 (Swedish time), 17:00-18:30 (Japanese time)
Registration: No sign-up needed, link below
Zoom Link: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/79873040031?pwd=oPVUoVLrg8y2yXDk3bTefI7EiLnT8K.1
Meeting ID: 798 7304 0031
Associate Professor, School of Global Studies, University of Gothenburg
Milena Arias Schreiber
Researcher, School of Global studies, University of Gothenburg
Associate Professor, Center for Northeast Asian Studies, Tohoku University
Tohoku University Global Engagement Division